Re: currentClassLoader problem

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: currentClassLoader problem
Date: 18 Mar 2004 11:57:43 -0700

>>>>> "Archie" == Archie Cobbs <address@hidden> writes:

Archie> Is is correct that getSystemClassLoaderInternal() is a gcj-specific
Archie> method? And why is native code needed, i.e., why can't you just
Archie> load an instance of gnu.java.lang.SystemClassLoader (or
Archie> gnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader in gcj's case) using the bootstrap
Archie> loader, and then use it to load the user-specified class loader?

In gcj's case, this class only has a private constructor; from the
native code we can circumvent the language-level access checks.  I.e.,
it is an implementation detail.

I think this is a situation of wanting to be cautious and not expose
potentially unsafe code at the user level.  Our gnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader
understands how to dlopen() .so files.

Tom