Configuration class and --enable-native-sync

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Configuration class and --enable-native-sync
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 10:38:18 -0400

I would like to be able to figure out whether Classpath was compiled with --enable-portable-native-sync or not. There have been times (and will be again soon) when Jikes RVM has required this option in order to run some kinds of graphical apps properly.

We currently usually automatically download and build Classpath for the user. The biggest reason for this (so I'm told) is that, in the past, some users had run into problems because they hadn't configured Classpath properly.

It would be good for the VM to be able to confirm that an already-build Classpath installation was configured with the appropriate options.

I was thinking that the easiest way to do this would be to add a boolean variable to the Configuration class.

Besides --enable-portable-native-sync, the other config flags whose values I'd want to check are:
        --enable-jni
        --enable-load-library

and possibly

        --enable-gtk-peer

Are there any thoughts on the best way to do this?

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm