Re: NIO ByteBuffer & VM independence

From: Ewout Prangsma
Subject: Re: NIO ByteBuffer & VM independence
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:43:39 +0100

Great,

I'll stay tuned and hope to use it in JNode asap.

Ewout

Am Samstag, 6. November 2004 12:39 schrieb Ewout Prangsma:
Hi all,

Would it be possible to introduce a new VM specific class in the
java.nio package that delegates all the static allocate,
allocateDirect & wrap methods of ByteBuffer to their specific
implementation?

I think it should be easy to implement but would allow much greater
freedom in how VM's want to implement it.

Yeah, I have thought about this and it should be pretty easy. Please wait for a patch commited in some days.

Michael