Re: Status report: new locales

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Status report: new locales
Date: 20 Dec 2004 14:07:53 -0700

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Koch <address@hidden> writes:

Michael> as some of you probably know Guilhem Lavaux and I worked on
Michael> moving our locale data to auto-generated ones using the
Michael> locale data provided by CLDR [1]. This is mainly done now.

Excellent!  We've needed this for a long time.

Michael> To generate the locale informations you call gnu.localegen
Michael> with an URI to the XML file(s) you wanna generate locales
Michael> informations for. It then puts the resulting
Michael> LocaleInformation_*.java file(s) into the current dir.

Maybe these instructions should go in a classpath README or
HACKING-like file.

Michael> If you find bugs in our locale data or it's handling please report to
Michael> this list or to the bug tacker [3].

If you're interested in generic locale-related bugs, there are a few
in the gcc bugzilla.  Also there is the longstanding problem that
getAvailableLocales does not work properly... this applies to Locale
but also to java.text.*.

Tom