rhug and ecj

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: rhug and ecj
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:32:30 -0500

I apologize for the slightly off-topic post, but the rhug list seems
to be dead and I know that some of the people working on it are on the
Classpath list.

I just did a checkout of ecj from rhug cvs, as best as I could figure
out to do it from the instructions on the web. I was hoping that I
might be able to get hold of the recently-released 3.1M4 version of
ecj which apparently has pretty complete 1.5 support. Unfortunately it
seems that the version in rhug is quite a lot older than this (the
ChangeLog is dated July 2003!). I was wondering if anyone knew what
plans, if any, there are to update ecj to a more recent version - or
even any way to tell which eclipse version the ecj I checked out
corresponds to?

(I didn't try to build it yet - I'm on a windows machine without
cygwin so I figure that might be fun all by itself, and I didn't want
to waste time figuring out how to do it if the version wasn't what I
need anyway)

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/