since, status and specnote tags

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: since, status and specnote tags
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:28:49 +0100

Hi,
what is our policy regarding the since, status and specnote tags? I have seen @status entries being replaced by @specnote and thought they should not be used any more but then I found them again in newer classes. That leads my to following questions:

What should @specnote or @status describe?

Is any of them considered deprecated and should be replaced by the other whenever seen?

Regarding the @since tag: Should we strive to version every class and method?

cu
Robert