Re: (java.net.)URI [Fwd: RFC 3986 reaches IETF standard status]

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: (java.net.)URI [Fwd: RFC 3986 reaches IETF standard status]
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:38:14 +0000

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 12:38 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our java.net.URI implementation is still not fully implemented (see the
> FIXME comments and the methods equals, hashCode, compareTo, etc).
>
> This new RFC clarifies and updates the URI specification. Maybe someone
> wants to go wild and finish our java.net.URI implementation based on
> this.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark
> email message attachment, "Forwarded message - RFC 3986 reaches IETF
> standard status"
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 12:38 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > For those maintaining URI related code (parsing, base, composition ...)
> > the new RFC is now an IETF standard obsoleting RFC 2396
> >
> >   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt
> >
> > Section D lists the changes from RFC 2396 which should ease the checking
> > and potential update of the related code,
> >
> > Daniel

I'll take this on, if that's okay.  A project I'm working on at present depends
on the use of this class, so it makes sense for me to fix it as I work on that.

Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint)
attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known
--
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner