Free jsr reference implementations?

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Free jsr reference implementations?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:32:48 -0800

I just got off the phone with the spec lead (Mike Grogan) for JSR 223, which
I've been a litle bit involved with.  We'd like to find a way to license
the Reference Implementation under an acceptable classpath-compatible license.
Some Prior Art may be helpful in convincing the Sun powers-that-be.

* Which existing JSR have classpath-compatible RIs?  Maybe JAXP?
* Which of these, if any, are shipped as part of J2SE or J2EE?
* Which of these, if any, have Sun as the Spec Lead?

My understanding is Doug Lea worked hard on getting the new concurrency
framework Free, but didn't quite manage it.  It might be useful to get
his story too.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/