gtk+ and cairo versions needed

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: gtk+ and cairo versions needed
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:53:24 +0200

Hi (moved to main classpath list),

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 16:08 +0200, Ziga Mahkovec wrote:
> I'm using jhbuild to build both, using the gtk28 moduleset
> and pinning down Cairo to the "SNAPSHOT_0_5_0" branch.

I am just unable to get any combination working. I always get:
(.:14323): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_cairo_show_glyph_string: assertion
`PANGO_IS_CAIRO_FONT (font)' failed
And nothing works, I just get some empty windows if I am lucky.

My .jhbuildrc is attached. Could you tell me how it differs from yours?

> According to a discussion I had with fitzsim:
>
> zigam> Yesterday's cairo changes require gtk2.6, right?
> fitzsim> they require gtk2.7 at this point
> fitzsim> but we can do a little change that makes them work back to gtk2.4
> fitzsim> I introduced another change recently that bumped the requirement to
> gtk2.6
> fitzsim> but I plan to ifdef that before the next classpath release so we
> still only require gtk 2.4
> fitzsim> still, for now it's easier to bite the bullet and build gtk CVS HEAD

fitzsim, my idea is to do the next release in a week (Thu Jun 30).
Will you be able to make these changes before that date?

# -*- mode: python -*-

# modules to build (deps are also built)
moduleset = 'gtk28'
modules = ['gtk+']

# special branched for the following modules
branches['cairo'] = 'SNAPSHOT_0_5_0'

# where the sources are checked out to
checkoutroot = os.path.join(os.environ['HOME'], 'sources')

# the root build directory for packages that support non-srcdir builds
buildroot = os.path.join(os.environ['HOME'], 'build')

# the prefix to install things to (user must have write access)
# this is where the environment is pointed to by a 'jhbuild shell'
prefix = os.path.join(os.environ['HOME'], 'install')