Re: Fix for java/net/URLClassLoader

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Fix for java/net/URLClassLoader
Date: 22 Jul 2005 13:58:07 -0600

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> I remember we added getting file URLs for directories as
Mark> resources because Nice depended on that being
Mark> possible. (Indicating that the Mauve test and/or the "spec" is
Mark> wrong here.) It doesn't really make sense to return it as
Mark> resource since it is unclear what to return as content. If I
Mark> remember correctly some people wanted to return some
Mark> HTML-representation of the directory...

This is a good candidate for a big comment in URLClassLoader, plus a
mauve test (also with a big comment) as enforcement.  It is far too
easy to lose track of the various test cases we find out in the
wild...

Tom