ImageIO reader based on ImageMagick

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: ImageIO reader based on ImageMagick
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:32:43 +0200

Hi folks,
for some time now I want to see an ImageIO reader in Classpath which uses
ImageMagick. However because of lack of time I could not finish it.

Now I tarred the sources together in the hope that somebody else who is more
experienced with ImageIO can finish it.

The program in the attachment (Viewer) can display anything that ImageMagick is
able to read (even PDF :) ). You need to compile java-img.c into a shared
library for this.

What I have basically implemented is a native method that turns a (NIO)
ByteBuffer into a BufferedImage (RGBA - regardless of what the source image
really needed).

The program works like this:
First parameter can be i or r. 'i' tells it to load via ImageIO while 'r' uses
the native method. Second parameter is the name of the file you want to look at.

cu
Robert