RE: Mauve results

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: Mauve results
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:45:28 +0100

Hi Jeroen,

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 15:27 +0100, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > +FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.io.ObjectInputOutput.OutputTest:
> > gnu.testlet.java.io.ObjectInputOutput.Test$NotSerial (number 1)
>
> This is a real regression and I'm testing the patch below at the moment.
> [...]
>           throw new NotSerializableException(clazz.getName()
>                                              + " in "
> -                                            +
> currentObject.getClass());
> +                                            + obj.getClass());
>         } // end pseudo-loop
>        }

Urgh. Thanks for finding that. It is my fault. I added that when i was
debugging some other serialization issues. The original code just used
clazz.getName(). Shame on me for not seeing the mauve regression that it
caused. We might revert to just the class name in the exception as a
quick fix. Please let me know if your patch works though since it is
clearly nicer to have a full detailed message in this case.