classpathx-crypto

Re: [Classpathx-crypto] Makefile

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-crypto] Makefile
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:35:38 -0000

> However going back to the earlier Makefile discussion, I've cut and
paste
> portions of the make process generated by automake/autoconf scripts for
> GCJ compilation and shared libraries. As you can see, it is not exactly
> trivial or intuitive.
> Do you really want to reinvent all of that while automake, a GNU tool
> Copyrighted by the FSF, is out there?

The trouble is automake (the version that widely installed) has some
issues... my bodged makefile is not actually that much work and therefore
I don't mind maintaining it until automake becomes a realistic option.

I wouldn't object to any project using automake as long as they maintain
it themselves.

But on the other hand my bodge makefile does the job (or can do the job)
quite well.

Nic