classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Beginnings

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Beginnings
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:53:25 -0700

> - dave is readying his XML stuff for checkin
>
> - charles has offered to help me with the servlet API and with xml
> stuff (dave? need any help?)

The JAXP support is basically checked in, though someone providing
javadoc for Sun's classes would be doing a Good Deed.

I've done basic conformance testing -- for SAX2 using the xmlconf
tests (against the 2nd edition XML spec), and relying on the fact that
AElfred is as close to a reference implementation as exists; and for
the DOM code, using the "domunit" tests in xmlconf (which test DOM
as well as its bootstrapping via JAXP).

If anyone knows other tests to apply, including having any more for
JAXP, that'd be good.

One user has already submitted a patch, before release, which has
to count as good!  :)

- Dave