classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] Classpathx (Javamail) project query.

From: Gautam Mani
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] Classpathx (Javamail) project query.
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 22:16:58 +0530

Hello,

This is a little long, but I would really appreciate it if you could bear with
me.

I am working on a small open-source email-oriented project (JFetch:
http://jfetch.sourceforge.net). The project has been in hibernation for a
while since I have not been able to devote enough time to it. I had
self-written mailbox support earlier, and wanted to replace it with a mailbox
provider. At that time the mbox-provider package was being maintained along
with the knife package at dog.co.uk. I recently went to the site and found out
that it is now a part of the GNU Classpathx project. This is really a great
thing and gives the project the visibility it needs.

Since there was no release of the project available, I started out with an
interim release provided on the dog home page, but found some problems with
it. Mainly, the provider does not create a mailbox if it doesnt exist.
Thinking that it may have been solved in the current version; I checkedout the
tree through CVS, but unfortunately I have not had a good experience with it.
There was no ant-build file to build the package unlike the interim release.
There are some dependencies (gnu.text.*) which are not checked into the CVS;
hence the IMAP provider does not compile.

I have the following questions and would really be grateful if someone could
help me with them.

What is the status of the classpathx-javamail project?

I would like to send a build.xml file for inclusion and also the small fix for
the above mentioned problem. Who should I submit patches for acceptance to?

I would also like to help in any other way that I can. Please let me know if
there are some areas where I may be able to contribute.

Thanks for the patience.

Cheers,
Gautam
--
PGP: 0x7586EF34 [ A7E6 795F AF8D 91AF 1D5E  3CC5 7847 7DCC 7586 EF34 ]

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
    -- Linus Torvalds