classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] What about creating javax.sql.*

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] What about creating javax.sql.*
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brian Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dalibor Topic <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi Tom,

> > > implementation and see if
> > > GPL+exception version to
> > > implemented a whole
> > >
> > > I've heard some JBoss code is tainted -- derived
> > > from Sun source.
> > > I would be wary of it.
> >
> > can you provide some more detail? I've googled
> around
> > and found nothing.
>
> I think some folks at Sun have made this claim.

Ah, that helped. Simon Phipps, Sun's Java evangelist
has made that claim quite recently, according to a
ZDNet article cited on Slashdot [1].

What's really interesting is that there are two
versions of the article: one with the claim [2]

"However, Phipps said he doubts that JBoss software
will pass the compliance test. Basing his opinion on
public information, Phipps said JBoss software does
not appear to implement all of the J2EE specification.
Phipps also noted that JBoss appears to be using
software written by Sun."

and one, which may or may not be more current, without
the claim [3]:

"However, Phipps said he doubts that JBoss software
will pass the compliance test. Basing his opinion on
public information, he said, JBoss software does not
appear to implement all of the J2EE specification."

weird, isn't it? It does smell fishy, especially since
nothing official from Sun can be found on the topic

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1]
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/03/20/1858220&mode=thread&tid=102&tid=108