classpathx-discuss

Re: gnujaxp build system (was: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Fw: [Classpathx-

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: gnujaxp build system (was: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Fw: [Classpathx-xml] What is the status of gnujaxp?)
Date: 13 Apr 2003 15:46:59 -0400

Dalibor Topic <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> wrote:

> > So apache httpd (Apache License) should also be in contrib? But it's
> > not.
>
> I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear.
>
> Apache, and other ASF licensed software is free software, just like GPL-ed
> software. But unfortunately, the two licenses are incompatible according to
> the
> FSF, so a GPL'd project can't use code from a ASF licensed one.

I've been told that if there is enough interest Apache might fix their
license so that it is GPL compatible.  From the perspective of reusing
or rather not reimplmenting things available via Jakarta... I'd think
this is a good thing for free software on both sides of the fence.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>