classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Fw: [Classpathx-xml] What is the status of gnuj

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Fw: [Classpathx-xml] What is the status of gnujaxp?
Date: 13 Apr 2003 15:31:08 -0600

Nic> If we really cared we would get ANT builds up and running on free VMs.

Ant 1.5 is in rhug.  It compiles and builds with gcj 3.3 (soon to be
officially released).  I use a precompiled ant every day.

I think Gary Benson (he did the work on ant) had to remove a few ant
tasks in order to make this work.  Classpath doesn't have complete
enough library coverage.  Last time I looked, the missing tasks
weren't really critical; stuff like `telnet' or the "play a sound"
task.

Tom