classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] Re: Including Aelfred2 in DOM4J

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: Including Aelfred2 in DOM4J
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:57:33 +0100

I'm Cc:ing to the list. I think it can be interesting for everybody.

Maarten Coene <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems downloading the classpathx sources from CVS. The
> strange thing is: I can download other projects from savannah.gnu.org,
> only the classpathx project seems to fail...
>
> This is the cvs command and the response from the server:
> C:\Projects\Other>cvs -z3
> -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/classpathx co classpathx
> cvs server: cannot find module `classpathx' - ignored
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

classpathx is the name of the project. jaxp is the name of the module.

$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/classpathx co jaxp

works for me.

> And for instance, another project:
> C:\Projects\Other>cvs -z3
> -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/anubis co anubis
> cvs server: Updating anubis
> U anubis/.cvsignore
> U anubis/AUTHORS
> U anubis/COPYING
> <snip>
>
> So, I copy-pasted the code from the web-interface, and I think I have
> found an issue in XmlParser.java (I'm not sure of it, because this code
> is very complex if you are an outside the project). I cannot send you a
> diff, so I'll try to explain it below:
>
> The problem is: if I have an ELEMENT declaration like:
> <!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA) >
> the XmlParser changes the content-model to (#PCDATA)*
>
> The error is in the XmlParser.parseMixed() method:
>
>     if (tryRead (')')) {
>         // VC: Proper Group/PE Nesting
>         if (readBuffer != saved)
>             handler.verror ("Illegal Group/PE nesting");
>
>         dataBufferAppend (")*");
>         tryRead ('*');
>         return;
>     }
>
> I think this should be:
>
>     if (tryRead (')')) {
>         // VC: Proper Group/PE Nesting
>         if (readBuffer != saved)
>             handler.verror ("Illegal Group/PE nesting");
>
>         dataBufferAppend (")");
>         return;
>     }

OK, I'll look at the bug, many thanks for the report.

> What's the best way to post such issues? Should I send it to the
> mailinglist (but this list seems to only contain spam mails??) Or should
> I create a new bugreport ?

A bug report is excellent ;-)

Many thanks for your time,

Cheers,

--
~/.signature not found

< jaybonci> actually d-i stands for "divine intervention" ;)
                -- in #debian-devel