classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Full gnu classpath X

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Full gnu classpath X
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 07:34:16 +0100

Naraghi wrote:
/ Hi,
I'm a french student, and I'm trying to use Apache Axis with a PDA, but it seems that the PDA's JVM (Mysaifu) doesn't contain all classes needed by Axis.

I think that those classes are in gnuclaspathX librairies. ( Jaxp, libxmlj, ...)
That's why  I wish to get a full gnu classpathX.

Where can I find gnu classpathX librairies ( .jar ) and not only sources code.

GNU JAXP, including libxmlj, is not part of ClasspathX any more but Classpath.

The GNU project doesn't distribute binaries, only source code with full instructions on how to build it yourself. If you wanted to use libxmlj then there is a non-trivial amount of integration with 3rd- party native libraries involved in any case, it's not just as simple as adding a jar to your CLASSPATH. If you use a binary distribution like Debian it will provide a package mechanism which ensures these dependencies are met. But essentially you would have to convince mysaifu to use Classpath as its class library; I have no idea if this is even possible.
--
犬 Chris Burdess
  "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety