classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Bug in cvs 2003.08.06?

From: Doug Porter
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Bug in cvs 2003.08.06?
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:57:51 -0800

If there's a better place to post this, just let me know.

I've been using an older version of classpathx javamail, fixed some bugs,
and decided to reconcile with the current cvs.

Looks like cvs javamail 2003.08.06 has a new bug. In
POP3Store.getMessage, if it gets a size back in response to LIST, it
passes the input stream down to POP3Message. POP3Message used to call
InputStream.available to see whether headers were available. It no longer
does, which is good, but now always attempts to parse the headers, which
is bad. Since there aren't any headers after a pop3 LIST, the session
hangs.

The fix looks like it may change the coupling between some classes, so
someone more familiar with the code is likely to get it right the first
time. But I'm happy to hack away :)

Doug
--
  Doug Porter