classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] [JIRAH / PROD] Problem retrieving a message fr

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] [JIRAH / PROD] Problem retrieving a message from a POP3 server
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:41:26 +0000

Jean-Guillaume BATTAGLIA wrote:
Could you develop your answer please because we have the same problem with a Lotus Notes Server and a Microsoft Server ?

What can we do to make them speak POP3 ?

It's working with the Sun javamail implementation...

I might be able to work around the problem if I had a Lotus Notes server or a Microsoft server to test against, but I don't. It seems likely that your server is including additional empty response lines for some reason. This is not spec compliant: see

  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1939.txt

section 3.

If you were willing to set up a test server with external access, and give me valid credentials for it, I could test this hypothesis and perhaps come up with a patch for GNU JavaMail. Otherwise I recommend you use the RI, which will be published under GPL shortly.
--
犬 Chris Burdess
  "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety