classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] [JIRAH / PROD] Problem retrieving a message fr

From: Jean-Guillaume BATTAGLIA
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] [JIRAH / PROD] Problem retrieving a message from a POP3 server
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:41:06 +0100

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The first log files I sent were from our environment (with the RETR
messages).

The Ethereal traces were from the JOnAS support Team who made tests on
their POP3 server.

I'm really sorry to hear you say that Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange
(which are two of the most common mail servers) don't speak a correct POP3
language but there is really nothing I can do about this.
Could you tell me which POP3 servers were "certified" with GNU javamail ?

So I guess I will use the Sun javamail implementation.

Thank you for your answers.

Jean-Guillaume BATTAGLIA

T?l interne : 23 99 83
T?l externe : +33 (0)1 43 23 99 83

Chris Burdess <address@hidden>
14/11/2006 12:31

Jean-Guillaume BATTAGLIA <address@hidden>
cc
address@hidden, "Adminet SITS" <address@hidden>
Subject
Re: [Classpathx-javamail] [JIRAH / PROD] Problem retrieving a message from
a POP3 server

Jean-Guillaume BATTAGLIA wrote:
> I have Ethereal traces of the communication between the application
> and the POP3 server.
>
> Perhaps it will help you see the problem more precisely.

I don't understand. In both of these traces the client uses TOP, not
RETR, to get the message, and the transaction is successful. However
in the details of the error you sent the client was using RETR.

> What did you mean by "I recommend you use the RI". What is the RI ?

The reference implementation, Sun's implementation.
--
犬 Chris Burdess
   "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety