classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Method MaildirFolder.appendMessagesOptimizatio

From: Conrad T. Pino
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Method MaildirFolder.appendMessagesOptimizations
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:13:41 -0800

> On Behalf Of Chris Burdess
> Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 08:55
>
> The method declaration needs to be not synchronized, so that
> we can actually fire the events outside the synchronized block.

I take the above to mean consent to modify Subject method. Expect
this to be committed when my general code review is completed. If
the project prefers incremental commits over batch commits, please
make that known.

The principle set forth is sound and IMO worth repeating in similar
cases. Shall the project consent to a general application or is a
prior case by case review preferred?

> > This is a very small nit:
> >
> > *   Line 500 reads: appended.toArray(n);
> >
> > *   I suggest "n = appended.toArray(n);" is a worthwhile
> > defense against non-compliant implementations.
>
> If the implementation is this broken you probably have worse
> things to worry about. Certainly I've never come across an
> implementation that didn't do what the API says it does for
> this method.

I agree with your general statement whoever it side steps the
question on what we shall collectively do.  Do you consent or
dissent from the proposed "n = " assignment addition.  Which
ever you choose shall become general policy for the duration
of this release cycle.

Conrad Pino