classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Method MaildirFolder.appendMessagesOptimizatio

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Method MaildirFolder.appendMessagesOptimizations
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 18:24:54 +0000

On 18/01/14 18:13, Conrad T. Pino wrote:
> I take the above to mean consent to modify Subject method. Expect
> this to be committed when my general code review is completed. If
> the project prefers incremental commits over batch commits, please
> make that known.

It's a lot easier to follow if there is one commit per bug fixed or
feature implemented. I know I don't always do that but we should try to
where possible.

Please do use the commit message to describe what the changeset actually
does.

> The principle set forth is sound and IMO worth repeating in similar
> cases. Shall the project consent to a general application or is a
> prior case by case review preferred?

I'm happy for it to be applied generally.

>>> This is a very small nit:
>>>
>>> *   Line 500 reads: appended.toArray(n);
>>>
>>> *   I suggest "n = appended.toArray(n);" is a worthwhile
>>> defense against non-compliant implementations.
>>
>> If the implementation is this broken you probably have worse
>> things to worry about. Certainly I've never come across an
>> implementation that didn't do what the API says it does for
>> this method.
>
> I agree with your general statement whoever it side steps the
> question on what we shall collectively do.  Do you consent or
> dissent from the proposed "n = " assignment addition.  Which
> ever you choose shall become general policy for the duration
> of this release cycle.

I don't mind: if you feel it makes it more readable then do it by all means.