classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: classpathx xml ...

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: classpathx xml ...
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:42:02 -0700

Well, I checked in a basic webpage for the JAXP stuff and linked
it to the toplevel ClasspathX web page (beat you to it! :), also put
the javadoc into CVS there so it's already web-published.

> Nic said:
>      We can release an ALPHA like that. But BETAs
>      and RCs should be packaged as a tar file.
>
> Dave said:
>       Source + build support + docs + what else?
>
> Just the source and the build support (ie: configure script).
>
> In general the CVS for a project should always include a configure
> script because not all users have autoconf.

Also checked in the current "configure" script ... it doesn't
grok GCJ yet though, expects a JDK.

So clearly JAXP is ready to be turned into an "alpha"; the
main issues I know preventing us from being "beta" seem
to be needing a source distribution, and demanding JDK
to build.  (GCJ needs some patches, which I hope will go
into the 3.01 release.)

- Dave