classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] AElfred DOM local names are incorrect for text, com

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] AElfred DOM local names are incorrect for text, comment, and document nodes
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:05:16 -0800

Seems like a bug in your test case ...

> I've noticed that AElfred's DOM implementation

AElfred has no DOM implementation ... it's only a SAX parser! :)

Presumably you're talking about the "gnu.xml.dom.*" code,
which is bundled into GNUJAXP along with AElfred2.

>     reports #text as the
> *local* name for text nodes, #comment as the local name for comment
> nodes, and #document as the local name for document nodes.

Hmm, I don't see this.  DomNode.java returns null for the local name,
everything else subclasses that. Only DomElement and DomAttribute
override that method, through the common DomNsNode base class.
And that code has been that way for several years now.

That is, the code sure says it can't have the bug you describe.  And a
simple test program I wrote says that's as expected.  More featureful
test suites haven't reported such a bug either.

- Dave