classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] Error in XsltFilter

From: jeand
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] Error in XsltFilter
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:25:01 GMT

I'm using the GNU pipeline stuff extensively to chain together a bunch of
transformation
steps.  And I kept getting NullPointerExceptions in the transformation handlers
(I'm using SAXON).  I finally tracked it down to a bug in the XsltFilter class.
 I'm not using CVS, so it may have been fixed.  Also, I apologize for it not
being in patch format but I don't have that here.  Anyways, here's the relevant
code:

// ... and make sure its inputs look like ours.
setContentHandler (th);
setProperty (LEXICAL_HANDLER, th);

All that needs to be done is add the following line:

th.setResult( out );

and all is well again with the world.

As an aside, I've developed a class that allows Sun's MSV package to be used
as a filter.  Is that something of interest to the project?  I suspect not but
if so, I can make it available.

Jean Duteau