classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] xmlwriter and xmlfilter

From: Luca Dall'Olio
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] xmlwriter and xmlfilter
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:29:41 +0100

I am on thesis on archiving *huge* quantities of xml-signed data.
Among other things I have to write a single xml file more than 4 Gb size (1 dvd) so I decided to use Sax.

Since the Xerces default content handler does not have a flush() method (it keeps everything in memory until the endDocument() method call), I changed to Dom4j XmlWriter and then I changed again to Gnu Jaxp XmlWriter, because Dom4j does not produce canonalized output. Now I would like to send the canonalized sax events to a digester in order to produce the document hash and then prettyprint the sax events into an outputstream (the final file).

First question:
Do you think that I chose the right approach?

Second one:
How can I send the XmlWriter events through an XmlFilter (I would prefer not to use the Gnu Jaxp pipeline package: I would like to write implementation independent code as far as possible), since XmlWriter does not implement the XmlReader interface? Should I extend the XmlWriter to do implement it?

Thank you in advance, Bye
Luca Dall'Olio