classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] Re: failing tests

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] Re: failing tests
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:14:19 +0100

Chris Burdess wrote:
> I'm going to bring this up with Daniel Veillard, since libxml has the
> same behaviour.

There still seems to be confusion on this issue. For instance, libxml2
uses the xml:space attribute to determine whether or not to report
whitespace as ignorable. Elliotte Rusty Harold states specifically that
xml:space has nothing to do with whether whitespace is ignorable. The
XML spec doesn't actually mention the word "ignorable" when talking
about xml:space, it talks about "preserving" or not.

Under these conditions I don't think it's reasonable to consider the
existing behaviour a test failure.
--
Chris Burdess