cons-discuss

Dynamic target: How to get a file from source irectory to the linked bui

From: Zachary Deretsky
Subject: Dynamic target: How to get a file from source irectory to the linked build directory?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:08:55 -0800

> If the input text files are source files (i.e., aren't generated by
> an action), then you could do this more simply by executing step 1 in
> straight perl, either coded directly or by calling a utility to do it,
> like so:
>
>       @c_files = `generate_list input1.txt input2.txt`;
>       Program $env 'output.exe', @c_files;

I started implementing this suggestion and the old problem sufaces again:
what is a simple and sure way to bring a file from the source directory to
the build directory?

I get this error when my generate_list subroutine tries to open up a file.

cons.bat: error in file "icwizard\src\Conscript" (: open
buildNT\debug\icwizard\src/pyfiles_gandalf.txt: No such file or directory)

Thanks, Zach.