cons-discuss

RE: poll re: 2.3.x features

From: Zachary Deretsky
Subject: RE: poll re: 2.3.x features
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:11:01 -0800

> Send me your requests so I can prioritize.  Up to you whether or not
> you want to generate discussion by CC:'ing the list.
>
>       --SK

Long links do not work on NT without Tony's patch for
$build::command::action().

Something equivalent to:

          #---------------------
          # Can't fork on Win32
          #---------------------
          if ($main::_WIN32) {
# Tony's fix for The following character string is too long:
              if ($com !~ /^$env->{LINK} /) {
                  system($com);
              } else {
                  my @link_line = split(/\s+/, $com);
                  shift @link_line;
                  my $linkopts = 'C:\Temp\linkopts.lnk';

                  open(LINKOPTS, ">$linkopts") || die("$0: can't open $linkopts
($!)\n");
                  print LINKOPTS join(' ', @link_line), "\n";
                  close LINKOPTS;
#               File::Slurp::overwrite_file( $linkopts,"@link_line");