cons-discuss

RE: poll re: 2.3.x features

From: Alex Jacques
Subject: RE: poll re: 2.3.x features
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:47:44 -0500

I humbly submit a very small patch that I find very helpful.
This adds a -Q switch that makes Cons run quieter than the -q switch. In
particular commands are not echoed as they are executed and indications
of successful status (e.g. "blah-blah-blah up-to-date") are not printed.
Warnings and errors are still displayed though. Hence -Q is roughly
equivalent to GNU Make's -s. I find that this makes it a lot easier to
find warnings from the compiler, etc., in the output. The problem with
starting command lines with '@' is that the commands are never
displayed, so debugging Construct files, etc. is difficult.

This patch was created against cons V2.2.0
Changes to POD and "cons -x" output are included.