Re: [coreutils] Mailing list problem

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 16:57:45 -0700

Luther wrote:
> I sent in a patch yesterday, but it doesn't show up in the archives, and
> I'm not getting the message that is in the archives. What's up?

It appears that a mail gateway at Stanford came online yesterday and
has pushed 40,000+ messages into the lists.gnu.org mail queues.
Apparently it had a backlog of mail saved up and is now pushing quite
old messages through.  This has overwhelmed lists.gnu.org and things
are running much slower than normal.

I did receive your patch in my mailbox.  And at the time I read this
message I see it in the list archive.

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2010-12/msg00032.html

Bob