Re: od --help: many translations provide invalid option advice

From: Erwin Poeze
Subject: Re: od --help: many translations provide invalid option advice
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 11:09:53 +0200

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 10:56:21AM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Erwin Poeze wrote:
> >> For each language, would you recommend to contact the team address or
> >> the currently-specified (for coreutils) individual?
> >>
> > I think the team address is best, as sometimes the last translator is no
> > longer active. Other team members can do the job in that case.
> >
> >> In either case, is there an automated way to obtain
> >> the 14 email addresses to which I'll report these problems?
> >>
> > Copy paste from http://translationproject.org/team/index.html is probably
> > the
> > most practical way to go.
>
> Since the translationproject already "knows" that information,
> I was hoping that there would be aliases, like
>
>   address@hidden
>   address@hidden
>   address@hidden
>
> Do you already have such aliases?  If so, it would make the process
> less error-prone.  That would also make your web pages require
> less maintenance if/when those things change.

Yes, actually there is. You can send mail to addresses ending on the
language code like you mention above.  You are probable more familiar
with the procmailrc, which uses as a rule:

:0
! <address@hidden>

I'm not sure if the subject must contain '(TP)' as the last 4 digits,
or if this is only the case for the alias 'all-teams'.
--
Erwin Poeze
<address@hidden>