Re: Another rfe: "cp" this time

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Another rfe: "cp" this time
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 07:24:50 -0700

On 04/27/12 19:00, Bruce Korb wrote:
Link? no. Copy? yes. But it is a long way from...

Not only not ready for prime time, but

Link? Yes.

I needed another file, so I finished the basic work.
Reflecting on the special config needs tho (throttling,
user entertainment [progress info], etc.) maybe not
a candidate for incorporation into "cp", yielding
yet another utility?  The shell wrapper around "dd"
ought to have worked, but it did not.  All the dd's
with a non-zero "seek" option quit without transferring
any data at all.  The "rsync" solution decided that
since the source file was local, it would read through
the entire file.  Apparently it is not network mount
aware.  Anyway, with a reasonably recent "libopts"
installation, you can clone this, unroll the .tar
file and build:

git://github.com/brkorb/pcopy.git

(Do not generate the option sources as I added the
generation of "die()" functions for my own amusement.)