Re: feature request for coreutils: b2sum

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: feature request for coreutils: b2sum
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 20:18:18 +0000

On 27/12/16 19:48, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 12/26/2016 02:04 PM, Zooko Wilcoz wrote:
>> Way to go! I'm really glad this is in here now and people can use it.
>>
>> Pull-request: https://github.com/coreutils/coreutils/pull/8
>
> On this list, we prefer that you mail your patches to the list, rather
> than making us chase down a URL to a cloned repository.

Well large patches may be best left viewed/downloaded as needed.

> Pull requests are unlikely to be acted on.

That's certainly not the case from my point of view.
Some prefer this mode of working.
As long as the pull request is referenced on this list it's fine.

As for the patch, I think it's a bit strong to reference b2sum
as _the_ recommended util at this stage. I'll adjust I think
to say to consider newer/stronger options like sha2 and b2sum.

thanks,
Pádraig