Re: Multibyte support for sort, uniq, join, tr, cut, paste, expand, unex

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: Multibyte support for sort, uniq, join, tr, cut, paste, expand, unexpand, fmt, fold, and pr
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:05:40 -0700

Hello,

On 2018-01-10 01:20 PM, Eric Fischer wrote:
I have requested and received the copyright assignment paperwork,
Thank you for doing that.

but my > employer would like to dedicate my changes to the public domain or as
CC0 rather than assign or disclaim copyright. Would this be acceptable?

No.
Contribution to GNU coreutils must be under "GPL version 3 or later",
and copyright must be assigned to the Free Software Foundation.

To learn more, please see here: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html .

regards,
 - assaf