criawips-devel

Coordinates (was: Re: [devel] API changes proposed)

From: Sven Herzberg
Subject: Coordinates (was: Re: [devel] API changes proposed)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:11:58 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 16.03.2005, 08:05 -0300 schrieb eazel7:
> > > · Clarify the use of the GORect or replace the coordinates system, and I
> > > rather an relative system instead a coordinates based one. That would be
> > > better when changing the screen size or the slide default size.
> >
> >   Where's the problem with GORect and the coordinates?
> I think that it'd be better to use a float value to define the
> position of the elements, using a fractionary value. if the
> presentation is 640x480 and a tittle block is centered at 20%left and
> 20% right margins, 0.2 and 0.8 values are enough to keep that
> proportion if the presentation area changes to 800x600. but this is
> just a idea.

At the moment, coordinates are stored in the way that powerpoint does.
We have master coordinates (576dpi) and a slide is 5760x4320 master
coordinates.

So the current representation just differs from yours by a factor of
5760 or 4320 (depending on whether you want stuff horizintally or
vertically).

The advantage over your proposal is that changing the slide size (eg.
change horizintal paper for vertical paper) doesn't stretch the slide's
content as 0.1 on the x axis would be totally different from 0.1 on the
y axis.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
  Sven