dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] FreeBSD 5 support

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] FreeBSD 5 support
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:03:30 +0100

Hi,

I have merged the 2.0 branch into the head branch in CVS. This should make it easier for people to check out the code (since they do not have to worry about which branch they need to check out).

This weekend I sat down and implemented the FreeBSD 5 extension. It wasn't too much work, mainly just changes in structures and function names (and going through the FreeBSD 5 source code).

It appears to be working as well as the FreeBSD 4 extension. With FreeBSD there are still some issues that I need to resolve (for both 4 and 5). Here is the list:

1. exec/unlink/rmdir cannot resolve relative pathnames
2. exec cannot resolve full pathnames in a chroot environment

I need to look at why namei() fails in these situations.

I am not going to post an official pre-release with this new extension. If you have FreeBSD 5, you can get the code from anonymous CVS with:

env CVS_RSH="ssh" cvs -z3 \
-d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dazuko co dazuko

John Ogness

--