dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] dazukoSetAccessMask Attributes: ON_CREATE, ON_MKDIR (

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] dazukoSetAccessMask Attributes: ON_CREATE, ON_MKDIR (Feature request)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:08:14 +0200

Tikka, Sami wrote:
> It sounds to me like inotify would be a better match for your project.

I agree. Dazuko is mainly focussed on real-time file access control.
Although Dazuko has argued that it can be used for basic event
collecting, it is slowly moving away from this purpose. Future versions
of Dazuko will be implemented as a stackable filesystem and really focus
on file content (with less focus on file name/path).

Although Dazuko would work, I think it is too much administration effort
 (if not now, then in the future) for your project.

inotify was created to be a passive, light-weight notification
mechanism. That seems much more suitable for a project that will perform
low-priority DB-updates in the background.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer