dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.3-rc1 posted

From: Lino Sanfilippo
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.3-rc1 posted
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:04:50 +0100

John Ogness wrote:
I would prefer to know why generic_file_readonly_mmap() isn't working
as we expect: as read-only. Perhaps we are simply using the generic
functions incorrectly. DazukoFS is not the only filesystem that does
not support mmap-writing. Others are jffs2, afs, 9p.

I dont know if there is anything wrong with our mmap() solution.
But I am sure that simply removing these lines

.aio_read = generic_file_aio_read,
.aio_write = generic_file_aio_write,

from the dazukofs_main_fops will be sufficient to avoid the bug http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dazuko-devel/2009-10/msg00002.html
for the reasons I gave in my former post.
IMO this bug has nothing to do with mmap().

Regards,
Lino Sanfilippo

Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Tjark Auerbach
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tettnang
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 630992
ALLGEMEINE GESCHÄFTSBEDINGUNGEN
Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen
(AGB). Sie finden sie in der jeweils gültigen Fassung
im Internet unter http://www.avira.de/agb