dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] dazukofs & antivir

From: Lino Sanfilippo
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] dazukofs & antivir
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:58:49 +0100

Tommy wrote:
Hi Lino,

Thanks for responding.

With pleasure ;)

I don't know where the problem lies, but during the installation of Antivir, you list at least one directory you want to protect. I list /home/tommyp/.thunderbird. After installation is complete and I try to open a program, Ubuntu freezes. Then when I kill the power, and boot the computer, it freezes at the login screen. The only way I can get it working again, is boot from the installation cd, mount the hard drive and remove Antivir. Once I do that, then Ubuntu boots as it should. I can install Antivir. choose a directory to protect and after the installation is complete, I can edit the fstab file and remove the mounted directory. Then the system will not freeze. I can run avscan, from a terminal, choose a directory to check and it scans the directory with no problems. This is okay, but real time protection will never work. I simply cannot mount a directory to protect without it freezing the system....

I really don't think the problem is with dazukofs.

Well I think the problem _is_ with dazukofs (at least with the module you used). The reason for your system
freeze will be very likely the same bug in dazukofs that is reported here

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dazuko-help/2009-11/msg00002.html

So everything seems to be ok with your installation, except the module you use. Unfortunately...

I believe that this version of Antivir is simply not compatible with Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit. The reason I say this, is when I try to install Antivir, it tells me my system platform is not supported. But, I can make a change to the Antivir "getsysteminfo.script" file, and Antivir will install.

Tommy

...there currently is no dazukofs version for kernel 2.6.31 (which is used by Ubuntu 9.10) shipped with the antivir guard. This is the reason why the install scripts complains about an unsupported platform (64 bit should not be an issue). The next release will very likely contain a module for Ubuntu 9.10. Nevertheless, if the bug in dazukofs-3.1.1 is fixed, the guard should work with it as well.

Regards,
Lino Sanfilippo

Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Tjark Auerbach
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tettnang
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 630992
ALLGEMEINE GESCHÄFTSBEDINGUNGEN
Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen
(AGB). Sie finden sie in der jeweils gültigen Fassung
im Internet unter http://www.avira.de/agb