dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Linux 2.6.34

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Linux 2.6.34
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:43:18 +0200

Hi Frans,

On 2010-05-30, Frans de Boer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well the message below - apparently from the maintainer - is clear.

Please do not assume that a response must mean that it is coming from
the maintainer. From the Dazuko website and the source files I think
it is pretty easy to determine who the maintainer is.

> The statement that I know it better is probably based on the fact
> that his suggestion would lead to unreleased memory within the
> kernel and my inclusion restored the original release function
> kfree(). That I wrote to the list is a matter of etiquette when
> using a mail list.

I appreciate that you posted both problem and solution. I am sorry
that I do not make time to respond more quickly to such issues.

> If transparency and open discussions are not appreciated, I suggest
> to abandon the list at all.

Both are appreciated and welcome (at least by me, the
maintainer). That is why the mailing lists exist.

> So, I do not know what I did - or did not - to deserve such a harsh
> reaction.

The reaction is misfortunate. I hope that it does not cause you to
stop posting problems and solutions to project mailing lists. Taking
the time to register for a mailing list, report a problem, find a
solution, and report a fix is not something the should be taken
lightly. The free software movement cannot survive without people like
you.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer