ddd

ddd w/COSSAP

From: Berger, Jason -AES
Subject: ddd w/COSSAP
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 16:12:09 -0500

To whom it may concern:

I am trying to use ddd & gdb on a Unix sparcOS5 workstation with Synopsys'
COSSAP software.  I would like to be able to debug primitive models that I
construct with the ddd.  I have configured my system so that when I begin a
debugging simulation in COSSAP with the following command:

        % sds -d sim#

The ddd opens and the gdb menu is ready for me to type run.  I can see
machine code when I do this, but I can't see source code in the source code
window.  The code is processed up to a hang-up, but all I ever see is a
memory address and the name of a function from my c code.

I attempt to list, but apparently my simulation did not create a symbol
table.  Do you know where I might find more information or any tips/tricks
with using ddd & gdb with COSSAP--perhaps on a web page somewhere?

Thanks,
C. Jason Berger

************************************
C. Jason Berger
ITT Industries
1761 Business Center Drive
Reston, VA 20190
Phone: (703) 438-7848
Fax: (703) 438-7922
E-mail: address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.