ddd

How to use ddd with other debuggers

From: Van Snyder
Subject: How to use ddd with other debuggers
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:07:06 -0800

I have the Lahey/Fujitsu Fortran compiler.  It comes with a non-gnu
text-only debugger.  It doesn't use the usual Linux format of
debugger-table information.

Where do I start to learn how to hook this debugger to ddd?  I didn't
see anything in the ddd manual about this (but then, I only read
the table of contents, and suggestive sections, not the whole manual).

I have the NAG Fortran compiler.  It uses the standard Linux format of
debugger-table information.  I can run its programs in gdb and ddd.
The problem is that NAG puts an underscore on the end of every name in
the debugger's table.  Also, being Fortran, names are case insensitive.
Also, being Fortran, the structure reference operator in the source
text is "%", not ".".  The NAG compiler produces some extra debugging
information tables, in addition to the usual Linux ones and in a separate
file, so that their own brain-dead non-gnu debugger can cope with the
advanced features of Fortran that have no counterpart in C.

Where do I start to learn how to tune ddd to work with this compiler?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.  I didn't

--
What fraction of Americans believe   |  Van Snyder
Wrestling is real and NASA is fake?  |  address@hidden