ddd

Problem Building DDD

From: Steven Bernard
Subject: Problem Building DDD
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:53:08 -0800

I am trying to install ddd for my linux system but am having a problem,
I can't seem to fix.  I'm running linux-mandrake 7.2 on my home PC and
have gcc as my C compiler.

The error I am having occurs when I run the configure script.  Here is
the last few lines found in the log file where the error occurs:

            checking for flex... no
            checking for lex... no
            ./configure: flex: command not found
            checking for flex... lex
            checking for yywrap in -ll... no
            checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command
not found
            configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
            configure: error: ./configure failed for ddd

I have checked the log files and got no real insight into my problem.
Being a relative 'newbie' to linux, I don't really understand what is
wrong.  Can somebody helpme?

Thank You,
Steven Bernard