ddd

DDD does not compile under gcc 3.0 [pre-release]

From: Patrice Belleville
Subject: DDD does not compile under gcc 3.0 [pre-release]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:01:22 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

        I tried  making  DDD  3.3  using gcc 3.0  [pre-release],   and the
compilation dies while trying to  compile strclass.C. From the comments at
the top  of strclass.C and strclass.h, it  appears that these  are patched
versions of the string  class in some earlier  (v2?) release of g++.  I am
guessing that  some of the  code relies   on the implementation  of  other
headers in that same version of the C++  library, and that it doesn't like
the newer  versions. Has anyone (1)  had the same  problem and (2) patched
strclass.[hC] so  they will  behave  with gcc/g++  3.0? Thanks,

                                                                   Patrice

--
** Patrice Belleville (address@hidden)                   (604) 822-9870