ddd

Re: DDD 3.3.1 is available - graphical debugger front-end

From: T.Pospisek's MailLists
Subject: Re: DDD 3.3.1 is available - graphical debugger front-end
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:08:11 +0200 (CEST)

On 8 May 2001, Andreas Zeller wrote:

> Hi!
>
> "T.Pospisek's MailLists" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > DDD 3.3.1 is now available on the GNU FTP server and soon coming to
> > > a mirror near you.  DDD 3.3.1 brings a couple of minor bug fixes:
> >
> > Hmm ...
> >
> > * ftp.gnu.org seems to be down.
> > * there don't seem to be any mirrors of ddd-3.3.1 available
>
> Last time I tried, DDD 3.3.1 was on ftp.gnu.org as well as on all
> mirrors I tried.  (I don't make announcements before it's actually
> available :-)

OK, I double checked and found some mirrors. ftp.gnu.org seems to be in
constant overload mode, so that might be the reason.

> > * and it is not available on sourceforge.net/projects/ddd either. >
> Btw. as a suggestion - what about installing a ddd.sourceforge.net
> page? [...] > It sure would make it easier to find the project. I
> volounteer to hack > together a minimal page that refers/links to the
> most important > ressources. Maybe one could just plain copy over the
> page from gnu?
>
> The DDD page on sourceforge.net is targeted towards developers;

I'm talking about this:

> Welcome to http://ddd.sourceforge.net/
> We're Sorry but this Project hasn't yet uploaded their personal webpage
> yet. Please check back soon for updates or visit SourceForge

I just suggest to put a blank page un there (or a redirect if it's
possible) with a link to http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/.

> the DDD page on gnu.org is targeted towards users.  Both pages link to
> each other; I see no point in duplicating these pages.  If there is a
> need to have all in one domain, I would rather move the DDD developer
> resources from SourceForge to GNU rather than moving the user
> resources from GNU to SourceForge.
>
> The DDD page on gnu.org is and will still be the first page of
> attention; any references to important resources should be placed
> there.

I completely agree.

>  (Are you willing to maintain this one, maybe?)

See above "http://ddd.sourceforge.net/";. And I also suggest to possibly
have the *.tgz available at sourceforge (under
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7500 which is linked
from http://sourceforge.net/projects/ddd)

These are just suggestion to make it easier to find stuff for users that
need to download the latest release or need info about ddd in general.
But I've been waisting your time enough already so if you feel like it's
irrelevant and/or too much time spent on nonsense then please > /dev/null
this whole discussion.

Greets and many thanks,
*t

             Tomas Pospisek