ddd

ddd 3.2.1 on HP-UX

From: Dorfman, Nathan (Exchange)
Subject: ddd 3.2.1 on HP-UX
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:02:13 -0500

Hi all,

I'd like to use DDD on an HP-UX 10.20 PARISC2.0 machine. It seems
to have built fine, using HP's ANSI C compiler, the aCC C++ compiler,
Motif 1.2, X11R5. However, it will not run:

        $ ddd-3.2.1/ddd/ddd-3.2.1-hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20
        /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _XHPFindKeyboardID (code)  from
/usr/lib/Motif1.2/libXm.1

        warning: core file may not match specified executable file.

        warning: The shared libraries were not privately mapped; setting a
        breakpoint in a shared library will not work until you rerun the
program.

        /var/tmp/caaa04670:3: Error in sourced command file:
        Error accessing memory address 0x0: Invalid argument.

At this point both gdb and ddd hang, with the DDD splash screen still on
the screen. The /var/tmp file apparently being executed contains:

        set verbose off
        set height 0
        where
        quit

The debugger is:

        HP gdb 2.1
        Copyright 1986 - 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
        Hewlett-Packard Wildebeest 2.1 (based on GDB 5.0-hpwdb-20000630)
        Wildebeest is free software, covered by the GNU General Public
License, and
        you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain
        conditions.  Type "show copying" to see the conditions.  There is
        absolutely no warranty for Wildebeest.  Type "show warranty" for
details.
        Wildebeest was built for PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 (narrow), HP-UX 10.20.

I'm not sure at all what's going on here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd
appreciate
it! I enjoy DDD immensely on my home machines, and would very much like to
see it
working on this <sigh> architecture.

TIA,

--